Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Entry Way Table

I have been following another new blog lately. This awesome blog gives the plans to build for some really nice furniture. Mostly Pottery Barn and higher end companies furniture ideas easy enough to make at home for the novice builder. This was my first attempt at building something all by myself. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I learned a lot from this project and can't wait to do more!

These are not the decorations I have planned for this piece, but couldn't post a picture without something on it. I did however re-cover those books with the papers shown, and saved the topiary from some hideous blue flours and orange pot, it still needs some work, but we are getting closer. All the things I have on the table cost $14 from the DI...I am becoming addicted to that place...who would have ever guessed I would be a thrift store crazy??
What ideas do you have for decorating it? I'm thinking I need Something fairly LARGE in the middle there, that mirror just isn't cutting it! Again I antiqued the edges. I like this finish b/c if the kids drive a car on it, or make a mark on it, it looks natural and I'm not afraid of them messing up my nice things, plus I like the look.
Where it sets in the house.

1 comment:

monica said...

oh good job! it looks great!
look at you crafty sue!