Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hallie Mattea Snyder 10/27/08 12:03 am!

Hallie Mattea Snyder!

Baby #2 is here - naturally, water birthed at home, and beautiful!

Krystal labored for 60 hours after her water broke. 60 HOURS!!!

I didn't think that kind of labor was humanly possible or without damage to mother and baby, but Krystal had a lot of support and both are healthy. She didn't really get any sleep - not more than 15 minutes at a time for three days. Krystal is so strong, and the baby is beautiful!

Without further ado, Hallie Mattea!

P.S. There will sure be further posts coming on this cute little girl :)



8 comments:

Amber said...

That is so cool! (Both the baby - but especially the home waterbirth!) I think someday I might want to do that, of course we would definitely need to be out of an apartment since you can hear everything going on next door. But congrats and tell Krystal she's amazing!!

acrosby said...

You are amazing sis! What a beautiful baby girl (and she's my niece whoohoo), can't wait to meet her! She's sooo alert!!!

MeesterMama said...

YAY!! Congrats on your VBAC! I am so happy for you!

Katie (MeesterMama)

monica said...

okay really 60 HOURS!!? you are out of control!! and he is adorable i can tell already! soo happy for you both!

Unknown said...

she is gorgeous!! looks just like big brother!! Congrats, can't wait to meet her!

Deidre said...

All I can say is you are amazing Krystal. Well done, I would have totally not made it that long!!

Julie said...

Congratulations Krystal. She's beautiful!

Nivette said...

Holy crap woman! You are amazing. The thought of not having drugs scares me....lol I am not that brave! She is beautiful :) I had a nasty weekend of labor with Ellerie before they broke my water. Granted, I wasn't in full out labor, but I can definitely sympathize with the no sleep for three days.